Thanks so much for looking. Be sure to leave a comment, if you think it would encourage my heart.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Counting Down the Days

We are enjoying counting down the days until Christmas Day. It means that after our morning services, Lord willing, we will be traveling to Lubbock and really excited about seeing family. Bob & Emma have been a big help in keeping our minds (especially the momma's) and days occupied. They have found plenty of mischief to keep themselves busy, that is for sure. They have even left a surprise or two for the youngest homestead occupants. 



We found them in the shower smelling lovely. They left us some gum on that day.


One day we found them reading all the Christmas books. They left us some money to be a blessing (in Jesus' name) to someone in our church family. We were. We were thankful for the opportunity.

One day, Bob & Emma made some Elf donuts and brought us some Human donuts that were delish!


And, we found them under the tree with ornaments for the Baby Girl and the Bub.
Both were quite fitting for the recipient.

We have been reading about Jesus each night, in an effort to get to know Him better. Did you know that Jesus:
1. was compassionate, Luke 8:41-56
2. was forgiving, Luke 7:36-50
3. had power to heal, John 4:46-53
4. was opposed to evil, John 2:13-17
5. had power over the elements, Mark 4:34-41
6. loved children, Mark 10:13-16

It has been great to discuss these things as a family and then journal about our day and our reading.
I "stumbled" across something this week that I can't help but share. I think I will not be the same. You may already know much about it. But God waited to show it to me until now. Just when I was ready. Just when I needed it. Ann Voskamp has a wonderful testimony and a wonderful dare. I took the dare. I have begun to log my one thousand gifts. It is wonderful. It is challenging. If you have ever wondered, "If the rent in the canvas of our life backdrop, the losses that puncture our world, our own emptiness, might actually become places to see.
To see through to God.
That that which tears open our souls, those holes that splatter our sight, may actually become the thin, open place to see through the mess of this place to the heart-aching beauty beyond. To Him. To the God whom we endlessly crave.
Maybe so.
But how? How do we choose to allow the holes to become seeing-through-to-God places? To more-God places?
How do I give up resentment for gratitude? Gnawing anger for spilling joy? Self-focus for God communion? To fully live—to live full of grace and joy and all that is beauty eternal?"

If you dare, take the dare with me. It'll be worth it.

findJoyintheJourney
-kym^

1 comment:

Mills' Menus said...

Thanks for sharing, you always encourage my heart, and I love seeing what Bob and Emma are up to! Love you my friend!